PDA

View Full Version : private messages

marcia
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM
hi,

don't know which category this goes in. How many messages can one person keep? I am told that my message box is 90 % full. I created a folder and put several in there, but the PM message still says I am 90% full. Where are the instructions for PM?

Last time I deleted a bunch of msgs. but I don't want to this time.

domedia
03-27-2009, 12:15 AM
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=What+is+Private+Messaging%3F&match=all&titlesonly=0

You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed the number of messages specified by the administrator, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old messages.

marcia
03-27-2009, 04:49 PM
ok, did that. does that include the 'messages specified by the administrator' and how do I find out the number of 'messages specified by the administrator'?

Also, how do I answer using quotes of messages send to me?

Rob_Che
03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey Marcia.

Can I ask what your concerns are? If the messages are just text can you not just copy them into a text document to preserve them? I'm confused why you want to build a library of PMs ?

If you hit 'reply' it automatically quotes the original message.

Rob

Corrosive
03-28-2009, 10:53 AM
how do I find out the number of 'messages specified by the administrator'?

Hi Marcia. You'll have a bit of text like this "You have 21 messages stored, of a total 150 allowed." in your private messages area. I can't remember what the standard is...maybe 50? We get a few more because our messages fill up quickly when we are dealing with the evil spammers! This will tell you how many you can have anyway.

marcia
03-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks. I have so much on my plate I can't pursue this much further. It seems that the forum would have a description or definition about the elements that the forum has to offer, but I can't find it. Or maybe it isn't there.

Rob_Che
03-29-2009, 08:56 PM
_____?_____

Corrosive
03-30-2009, 02:41 PM
_____?_____

ditto that sentiment Rob

marcia
03-31-2009, 04:17 PM
surely u jest