PDA

View Full Version : PHP Icon Not Showing in Dreamweaver CS3

BigG
03-26-2009, 03:17 PM
The yellow PHP Icon that normally displays in Design view is missing.

I tried changing the settings in Invisible Elements - did not help.

I tried change the DOCTYPE and dtd - did not help.

I recently reinstalled DW CS3 on to a new computer and I can't help but think I had this problem before, but I can't remember how to fix it...

BigG
03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Update...

I've always used the following to start a PHP code on the page:

<?php

The above will NOT show the PHP icon.

But, if I change it to:

<? php

The PHP icon will appear. This does not seem to be correct behavior. Any help/advise?

davidj
03-26-2009, 06:02 PM
try using...

<? ?>

it could be a quicktag thing

BigG
03-26-2009, 06:16 PM
I have been using the following for years:

<?php ... ?>

Now, in order for the PHP icon to show, I have to use:

<? php ... ?>

This does not seems correct... And I literally got 1000's of php snippets on hundreds of domains... That's why I would like to find a solution.

If you're reading this post and you don't have an answer, I would be intersted to know if you are using <?php ... ?> or <? php ... ?>, and if the php icon is showing for you.

Corrosive
03-26-2009, 06:23 PM
I have been using the following for years:

<?php ... ?>

Now, in order for the PHP icon to show, I have to use:

<? php ... ?>

This does not seems correct... And I literally got 1000's of php snippets on hundreds of domains... That's why I would like to find a solution.

If you're reading this post and you don't have an answer, I would be intersted to know if you are using <?php ... ?> or <? php ... ?>, and if the php icon is showing for you.

I don't have an answer but thought I'd check what you are saying. I use <?php, for example <p>Today's date is <?php echo("$today[weekday], $today[month] $today[mday], $today[year]");?></p> and the yellow icon shows up in design view no problem.

BigG
03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
I have not been able to resolve this... Anyone?

BigG
03-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Just found the answer in case anyone needs this later...

By default, Dreamweaver attempts to display the content of includes. The PHP icon does not show because DW is trying to display the includes, but can't open them.

So, in Preferences, uncheck the option to display the content of
includes. It's in the Invisible Elements category.

davidj
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
that was a journey!

Corrosive
03-31-2009, 12:45 PM
that was a journey!

Certainly was. Well wrangled BigG and thanks for coming back with the answer for other members. That is what the forum is all about :mrgreen: