PDA

View Full Version : Spry horizontal menu issues

richcodesign
03-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi All,

Can someone help me with a spry issue. As it seems with spry, they work perfect on safari and firefox but messes up in IE.

I have a horizontal spry menu with drop downs and sub menus on those drop downs. Please visit www.richcoltd.com

The issue as you will see in IE, is the drop down menus don't line up correctly under the right menu, and the sub menus off that also move away.

The other issue in the Spry is the menu text disappears once it has be selected.

I am working in Dreamweaver CS4 on a MAC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tamara.

richcodesign
03-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi All,

I have worked out one of the issue of my text disappearing. I made a class for visited links and set the colour to a light grey, it looked like it was changing to a defult- which is black and my spry menu is black.

Im still having huge issues with the spry drop down menu- any help would be great. Even if it is something simple to try.

Thanks again.

barro32
03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
I have a similar problem.

My drop downs are appearing in the top left corner of the screen, I've searched all over and can't find a fix.

This problem is only in IE.

Here's a link (http://www.accept-us.com/Template.html) (left out everything but the Horizontal Spry Menu)

Any advice?

richcodesign
03-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Hi,

If anyone out there in the web world can help me, i would really appreciate it. No matter how little or simple.

It may be a simple question, but im really stuck!

Thanks,
Tamara:confused:

richcodesign
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
all fixed... but im sorry and annoyed that no one at all helped me!

I did not solve the spry issue, I made a css drop down menu instead, and that is what i would recommend other to do!

Corrosive
04-03-2009, 02:19 PM
all fixed... but im sorry and annoyed that no one at all helped me!

I did not solve the spry issue, I made a css drop down menu instead, and that is what i would recommend other to do!

Sorry about no help there. To be honest I don't think many of the experienced designers on here would touch Spry with a ten foot pole. CSS dropdown is what I would do but it is difficult to tell someone not to use Spry. Glad you got it sorted :)

domedia
04-03-2009, 06:11 PM
but im sorry and annoyed that no one at all helped me! Normal misunderstanding; this is not a support forum :)

pamay
04-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Sorry about no help there. To be honest I don't think many of the experienced designers on here would touch Spry with a ten foot pole. CSS dropdown is what I would do but it is difficult to tell someone not to use Spry. Glad you got it sorted :)

Am wondering why you have given Spry a spray, as a new user of Dreamweaver CS4 I think the accordian menu is great and I got it working without any problems :confused:

DWcourse
04-30-2009, 01:52 PM
I have a couple of Dreamweaver CS3-basedCustomizing Spry Menu tutorials. The info should also be good for CS4:

Customizing Horizontal Spry Menubars (http://dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/spry-menu-bars.php)

Customizing Vertical Spry Menubars (http://dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/more-spry-menu-bars.php)

One big issue that some people run into don't set a width and margin for the same object.

ibionika
06-25-2009, 04:54 PM
When a link on a website page is clicked not in the spry accordian menu the spry navigation opens and closes. How can this be prevented? TIA Ajijicgal

DWcourse
06-25-2009, 05:32 PM
When a link on a website page is clicked not in the spry accordian menu the spry navigation opens and closes. How can this be prevented? TIA Ajijicgal

I'd have to see an example of that.