PDA

View Full Version : Adding Skin to Existing SWF or Flash?

kdengs
03-24-2009, 03:03 PM
How would you create, add, or modify a skin for a SWF or Flash file that does not currently have a skin in CS4? I want to use the skin with the SWF in Dreamweaver.

Rob_Che
03-25-2009, 05:18 PM
What do you mean by 'skin' ?
Do you mean you have an existing flash file and you wnat it to look different but maintain the functionality ?

If so, where is the flash file from and what do you want to do to it ?

kdengs
03-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Well I have an actual Flash video and a SWF of the same file. It must be played within SWF Player or VLC etc in order to play because it does not have a player skin to play alone in Dreamweaver or on the web. I can set the file to auto play or loop but have no play control functionality.

I need to create and add an actual player skin with play buttons and controls.

Rob_Che
03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
So you don't have the .fla file ?

kdengs
03-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Yes I have a .FLA file. I created the FLV and SWF in Flash CS4. All I need for this is a player skin with controls. Thanks!

Rob_Che
03-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Sorry - I'm lost now.

Do you mean you just need to draw two buttons - Go and Stop ? or are you after a pre-made image that looks like an MP3 player ?

I'm struggling to work out what you can't do if you've got the skills to create the movie.

RC

kdengs
03-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Yeah I'm looking to create an actual player skin for the video. Without the player control functions there is no control of the file in Dreamweaver or on the web. You can only have it auto play or loop.

I need an actual player skin that has the typical functions - play, pause, stop, volume controls, full screen option etc etc etc.

It is possible to create custom player skins like this right? Not just the premade Clear or Corona skins that Dreamweaver offers?

Rob_Che
03-26-2009, 05:59 PM
It is possible to create custom player skins like this right? Not just the premade Clear or Corona skins that Dreamweaver offers?
I didn't know DW had an SWF 'player' built in?