PDA

View Full Version : DW getting "Mysql error 2003"

tbum18
03-23-2009, 06:43 PM
First I would like to let you all know that I am an amateur with Dreamweaver and especially php code. I used the tutorial on creating dynamic dropdown menus, it help a lot. With the help of a fellow employee we were able to get it working as you can see if you go to my website www.suspensiongeek.com (http://www.suspensiongeek.com/). Look up your car see how it works.

Second, Im not here to sell anyone anything off my site, unless you find something you do really need.

Third, if this ends up long winded Im sorry. I prefer to explain to the best of my knowledge so I dont waste your time.

Since my site is working it is obvious that it is accessing mysql server and querying the information needed to do the look up and display it on the site.

Here is where my problems begins. I want to create pages that need a login and password to access. As you know to do this the login needs to access a table in my database to gain access. This seems to be straight forward to create using the tools in dreamweaver.

It requires me to set up a database link. This also seems pretty easyexcept when I do this it comes up with Mysql error 2003 Ive done some searching on the web. It appears that my windows XP maybe blocking dreamweaver access to my server. I know I have the correct server address, user name and password since my site is using my own dbconfig for database connection and it is working.

Ive turned off the XP firewall and enabled all security setting in XP in an effort to get dreamweaver to make a database connection. I even tried making the connection to the localhost and then creating the pages, publishing them to the web, with the thinking I could just edit the code on those pages to point to the remote server. Of course with no luck.

I need help getting past the Mysql error 2003 in order to get dreamweaver linked to my databases in order to continue creating my website.

Any help would be very appreciated.

edbr
03-24-2009, 02:00 AM
do you mean your server on the web or local testing server?
If it live your hoster is probaby blocking it

tbum18
03-24-2009, 03:08 PM
The website conects to the server, and works. Dreamweaver can not connect to the server on the web.

drmike
03-24-2009, 08:32 PM
The website conects to the server, and works. Dreamweaver can not connect to the server on the web.

Make sure your host directory in your site definition log is correct. These can also be case sensitive.
I work with a team and on multiple sites and sometimes someone will rename dir or move files and this is what caused it for me.. Hope it helps.

flavio
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi,

I think I understand thumb18. I have the same error. I have used several times php and mysql and this is the first time that it happens to me. I have installed mysql with and also mysql query browser, I try to connect to mysql using the query browser with the server name, user name and pasword and it works. Then I go to dreamwaver, I open a new php page and I try to add a new mysql connection with the same data and now I get the error mysql error 2003 cannot conect to localhost (10061). Moreover, I have installed both for a while and they have been working perfectly, it is not a problem of installation. I have checked the firewall and I confirmed that I have an exception for a mysql port. I have read in another part that it may be some problem with the antivirus. I believe that this is more possible, but I haven't been able to find the solution yet.
Would anyone have and idea how to solve this problem.
Thank you all:-)