PDA

View Full Version : New solution for Flash dropdown menu?

rubyhue
03-20-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm creating a website that has a flash menu. Half of the time the drop down links don't work. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Also I've made the .swf file WMODE=Transparent, but any of my links that are below the .swf don't work.

Here is the link:
www.mystiquedining.com/pocatello/about_gh.html

The main row of flash buttons must stay flash, but I need a new solution for the drop down buttons. Is it possible to import a flash button into Dreamweaver's Spry drop down menu? or Is there a way in Dreamweaver to make custom drop down menus?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!

Corrosive
03-20-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm creating a website that has a flash menu. Half of the time the drop down links don't work. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Also I've made the .swf file WMODE=Transparent, but any of my links that are below the .swf don't work.

Here is the link:
www.mystiquedining.com/pocatello/about_gh.html

The main row of flash buttons must stay flash, but I need a new solution for the drop down buttons. Is it possible to import a flash button into Dreamweaver's Spry drop down menu? or Is there a way in Dreamweaver to make custom drop down menus?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!

You menu is working perfectly for me every time. I like it, suits the site really well.

rubyhue
03-20-2009, 06:49 PM
I think the problem is mainly in Firefox. IE and Safari seem to work fine. Could the browser have something to do with it?

Ricky55
03-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Strange problem this, what frame rate are you using?

What version of flash player are you exporting for? If not ten try ten.

You should be able to get this working, don't panic.

Have you considered doing the whole site in flash? Would get around your PNG problem too.

rubyhue
03-22-2009, 01:07 AM
I'm using frame rate 30. Is that too high?

I have CS3, which is only letting me export for Flash Player 9. Is it possible to export Flash Player 10 with CS3?

I have considered doing changing to all flash, but I would really like the navigation abilities and text editing options of the html pages.

domedia
03-24-2009, 03:21 AM
I don't remember 100% but it's twenty something. Anything above is redundant because the human eye/brain can't see the difference. I think it's 24 frames/sec