PDA

View Full Version : Images Have Ugly Borders

JulianKaruk
03-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I've designed the site and wish to proceed using DWMX2004. I've loaded gif images created in Illustrator CS. The Title: Lyn Risling has an ugly bit-mappy line around each of letters. The logo sits atop a black square slightly bigger than the logo. When loaded and placed into the header there is a faint white outline that delineates the square. My nav buttons (all gifs) are likewise delineated with a thin ugly white line.

You can see them via flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21618488@N04/

Any suggestions? Need more info to help?

Thanks
Julian

JulianKaruk
03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I figured out my problem by visiting DreamWeaver General forum. I was placing images within tables!

Corrosive
03-20-2009, 07:02 AM
I figured out my problem by visiting DreamWeaver General forum. I was placing images within tables!

Then you know that you shouldn't be using tables for design at all. Tables for data, divs/CSS for design.

Lewis_
03-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Also you will get a blue border around your image if you do not link it too where that image is saved?

domedia
03-24-2009, 02:23 AM
THey get a blue broder if you make them links.
It's very common to just remove all the borders from the images like this in your CSS:
a img {border: 0;}

JulianKaruk
03-24-2009, 05:27 AM
Also you will get a blue border around your image if you do not link it too where that image is saved?
I decided to create a fantastic website for my wife to help promote her rather fantastic artwork and sure enough there were blue borders! I've got a lot to learn and your response helps me realize there are others out there that know what's up with DW. I like it and hate it at the same time. My mentor says use code only. I wish!

JulianKaruk
03-24-2009, 05:39 AM
Then you know that you shouldn't be using tables for design at all. Tables for data, divs/CSS for design.
I can't say I knew that. I have since discovered that. css works better although my Lyn.com tutorials say use tables!

JulianKaruk
03-24-2009, 05:42 AM
THey get a blue broder if you make them links.
It's very common to just remove all the borders from the images like this in your CSS:
a img {border: 0;}
I couldn't believe those blue borders. I made them go away after I was already tired and somewhat oblivious. My new thing is: My sidebar menu items are wacky. I have set them up with swapped images. When I view them on Firefox not one but at least 2 menu items are on the "on" position at the same time. I haven't figured out this new problem yet.

domedia
03-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Remember that underline in links and broders around images that are links is default. The web is supposed to work this way. If you want it gone, you have to actively remove them.

JulianKaruk
03-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Remember that underline in links and broders around images that are links is default. The web is supposed to work this way. If you want it gone, you have to actively remove them.

Yes, I recall now that I typed in zero in the border box and voila the blue borders disappeared.