PDA

View Full Version : text on header

marcia
03-18-2009, 10:47 PM
I created a header in Photoshop and AI, where the text appears to be solid vector art. When I bring it into DW the text breaks up, regardless of whether I make the image a GIF or jpg. Does anyone know how to keep the text from pixelating? The header appears on all the inside pages, not the index.

www.teliorestaurant.com

d a v e
03-19-2009, 04:14 AM
which text?

marcia
03-19-2009, 02:39 PM
the telephone no, address, and hours of operation.

domedia
03-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Looks great here, did you get it figured out?

d a v e
03-24-2009, 02:13 PM
that header image would be better as a jpeg than a gif as it is (mostly) photographic

marcia
03-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks, Domedia. I really appreciate your encouragement. I have not figured anything out to my satisfaction yet, tho I am putting a new jpeg header on today.

Dave, you're right and I prepared one yesterday, to soon be posted. Originally, it was a Jpg, then changed to gif because of the text, now back to jpg with different text.

I tried using CSS and not lining up the text on the awning (with just straight text) but got all messed up, so need to revert back to a table cell. I wish there was a way to rotate the text in DW. If there is, I'd certainly like to know about it. Do you know a way?

domedia
03-26-2009, 08:35 PM
If you go back to tables, I don't think you'll find much help by web professionals here :-/

Tables are more restricting that regular HTML/CSS.

You can revert text with CSS, so too bad you like tables better ;)

d a v e
03-26-2009, 09:11 PM
there is no way to rotate the text in DW, you'll need to stick with using an image for that