PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver 8 preferences

cantthinkofanickname
03-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Every time I open a .php doc. D8 "corrects" the tags which corrupts the PHP code. I have tried many of the options and cannot find the one which will stop this. The specific problem is that it changes </h<php . . . .?>> to </h><php . . . .?>> making it invalid.

Anyone help?

davidj
03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
what are you trying to inject into that tag

im guessing a heading weight

example <h1> <h2>

cantthinkofanickname
03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm not! the separated tag (with the <?php is correct. When I open the document in dreamweaver it auto sticks a ">" around the "<h" so it becomes <h>!

Corrosive
03-17-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm not! the separated tag (with the <?php is correct. When I open the document in dreamweaver it auto sticks a ">" around the "<h" so it becomes <h>!

Have a look at 'code hints' options. I like hints...they keep me from having to remember stuff but you should be able to switch them off.

cantthinkofanickname
03-17-2009, 08:58 PM
I think there is a bug in D8. If I have <h<?php .....?>>, when I open the file it stays the same. But if I have </h<?php .....?>>, D8 changes it to: </h><?php .....?>> adding the closing ">". I have turned off Preferences - Code rewriting. I cannot see any other parameter that controls this.

davidj
03-17-2009, 09:02 PM
so you want <h to be literal

its not a tag so you want it to be parsed as <h

cantthinkofanickname
03-17-2009, 09:14 PM
I just want D8 to stop changing anything in a file that works. So when I open it it allows me to do the changes otherwise it busts my website. If you could point me, if oyu know, to where I stop this happening that would be appreciated. Thanks.

davidj
03-17-2009, 09:36 PM
I am trying to evaluate what your trying to do so I can analyse your requirements and come up with a suggestion which may help

cantthinkofanickname
03-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Yes I appreciate that. I use D8 to manage a local set of website files which are on remote is a CMS (Joomla!) website. I often change .php, .xml and other files of various extensions locally and then upload them to test. I am finding that when I OPEN a .php file with the sort of script in it as shown in my post of yesterday D8 changes/corrects the code in the file at opening time. As the change invalidates the PHP and HTML source I want to stop it making those "corrections".

Thanks for your time.

davidj
03-19-2009, 08:58 AM
try

Edit > Preferences > Code hints

domedia
03-24-2009, 12:01 AM
It's not code hints, that is something completely different.

There is an option in the preferences that will stop DW from changing the code upon opening a document. It's been around since DW3 afaik, hopefully it's still there.
Preferences > Code Rewriting