PDA

View Full Version : File transfer succeeds neither in DW nor ftp client

Henry Simon
03-14-2009, 01:29 PM
I deleted my web site remote files in DW. After that, I was unable to upload my local files. I have reinstalled DW. Site definitions are okay. I have checked the "use firewall" box. I have tried uploading my files with three different ftp clients without success. The file transfers seem to proceed normally, which makes me think the files must be going somewhere. I have not used ftp clients before and so I did not know whether fresh attempts would replace files that had been previously uploaded or if I would simply be duplicating files on the server. I tried deleting the files in the ftp client remote window. I did this twice. As a result public_html/ was deleted, even though I tried not to delete it. The host reset it for me. It seems to me the problem is not in DW. It has to have something to do with directories and file paths. I think I have done everything correctly so it has to be at the server end. Perhaps corrupt files? Would appreciate advice from anyone having experienced this problem. Thanks.

davidj
03-14-2009, 01:57 PM
in your FTP client right click on the folder and select permissions

it should be set to 755 at least or 777 which is greatest level of access