PDA

View Full Version : clickable gifs

gerard ohman
03-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone - new at this forum, hoping for getting help here when stuck...

my problem is as follows:
I have this tiny project - a city map where I want interesting sights to be represented by tiny animated gifs, like a flashing dot - just so that U can easily notice them.
Of course these dots would be clickable to provide info, like a picture of the sight at hand, or some text in a box to describe it.
I have my map as a background image , I have the 'dots' ready as tiny gifs, but I donīt succed in placing these gifs on the right place on the map using html - I keep getting the weirdest results like repetition of the map, dots being placed together instead of where I want them and so on....
I remember earlier versions of dreamweaver where U could mark a certain area in an image and make that area clikckable, but I canīt find that possibility in my new dreamweaver.

If anyone has a suggestion how to solve this, please let me know.

regards
// Gerard

mangofreak
03-14-2009, 03:40 PM
What you want won't work as you put it.
Your map should be put inside a div as an image and you could put your animated dots inside layer divs and position them where you need.

Hope it helps,

Javier

gerard ohman
03-15-2009, 11:47 AM
thanx mango, for replying.

divs inside divs, U say......sigh - why does this simple task have to be so complicated.....are these functions avalable in dreamweaver MX ?

d a v e
03-15-2009, 12:00 PM
alternatively use just a static map (no flashing dots) and draw hot spots over each dot to make it a link. (or you could use one animated gif of the map including flashing dots but it's likeyl to be quite big in file size.)

ideally you would be looking at using flash i guess for this kind of thing

gerard ohman
03-15-2009, 01:53 PM
hotspots...is this the feature I mentioned that I no longer can find in Dreamweaver ?

d a v e
03-15-2009, 02:37 PM
it's been there since version 1 (as far as i remember) and it's still there afaik.

press f1 for the help files and look up image maps / hotspots

gerard ohman
03-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I FOUND THE ELUSIVE HOTSPOT-FUNCTION !!! (just click on the image, and up it pops !! )

:-D

thanx guys !