PDA

View Full Version : Can you change a template to liquid

beingbecoming
03-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Hello:

Does anyone know if I have created a site, but forgot to make my template liquid and now am realizing that I need to have it liquid can it be changed? I can't figure out how to do this without recreating the site from scratch......

Thanks!

edbr
03-13-2009, 02:11 AM
template as in .dwt file? i (think) could be done as long as the same editable regions are the same names. make a copy of your site so you have backup and give it a try

beingbecoming
03-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Yes it is a .dwt file. Are you saying I have to create a new .dwt file or is there some way to change this dwt file to liquid layout?

Thanks

edbr
03-13-2009, 02:22 AM
yes you could change the file. frankly it depends on the page. is it tables or relative divs ? when you say liquid do you want it to fill the browser screen or have a fixed width but centred ( i know this isnt really fluid but it is an option)

beingbecoming
03-13-2009, 02:26 AM
I would prefer to just change my template but i can't figure out how to just change it.

The site is www.integralyoganaturalfoods.com There are two editable regions 1) the left menu 2) the content. The header and footer are in the template and shared across all pages. When loading on a larger screen than my laptop I noticed that the footer has a large white space beneath it. I'm guessing this means that just centering my DWT file will not solve my problem.

edbr
03-13-2009, 02:45 AM
that was what i was saying . you change the template with dw. what you have is all your styles in the template page. all your divs are absolutely positioned. so it would need to be relative to be fluid
it doesnt appear to be a large site so personally i would remake it (as a copy , you could copy and paste content from the original it shouldnt be a huge job once you have your layout as you want it.
regarding the white space under the footer i think is because there is not a lot of content on the page