PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fart... Please help

carolinawebdesign
03-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Go to http://bacintyme.com/meeting_space_fort_mill_sc_family_coffee_cafe_priv ate_room.html

and then try to submit the form (you dont need to fill anything in)

After hitting submit, users are asked if they want to open or save the sendresults.php file. I have done numerous forms and cannot, for the life of me figure this out.

At first I opened a previous sendresults file in DW, changed info file, saved and uploaded it in DW and thought that might be the reason, so I deleted it and saved it in Notepad.

HELP.

Ricky55
03-11-2009, 04:11 PM
What all this for

<p class="style7">&nbsp;</p>

Your file is a right mess.

You also have

<label></label>
<label></label>
<label></label>
<label></label>
</span><span class="style14">
<label></label>

<label><br />
</label>
<label></label>
<label></label>
<label></label>
<label></label>
<label></label>
<label></label>
<label></label>
<br />
<label></label>
<label>
<input type="submit" n

I would tidy up your file before you even begin to look at this.

You also need to validate your form, you shouldn't be able to leave all the fields blank and still be able to submit the form.

carolinawebdesign
03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks. I took this over from someone.

I have deleted that and validated the form. Re-ftp'd it all and same thing. I have never had this happen? It is a new host since the company had this site up. DirectNIC is the host. I wonder if it has something to do with them.

Corrosive
03-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks. I took this over from someone.

I have deleted that and validated the form. Re-ftp'd it all and same thing. I have never had this happen? It is a new host since the company had this site up. DirectNIC is the host. I wonder if it has something to do with them.

You'd better ask them! Some hosts don't like PHP mail.

carolinawebdesign
03-11-2009, 07:29 PM
YES, it WAS the host.

Corrosive
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
YES, it WAS the host.

Have they got total blocks on PHP mail or is it just a configuration issue?

carolinawebdesign
03-12-2009, 01:12 AM
I have to upgrade to their premium service basically they dont do CGI either with this horrible basic plan.

edbr
03-12-2009, 02:14 AM
time to change. there is a hosting plan on this forum 9main page i thing. hosting is cheap and you should be able to get what you want without it costing the earth

Corrosive
03-12-2009, 08:19 AM
time to change.

Yeah, agree with Ed. You shouldn't have to pay premium to use PHP or CGI Perl nowadays.