PDA

View Full Version : help! My pages doesn't update template changes

fredlondon30
03-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Hi All,

I am a beginner with DW CS4 - and I really would appreciate some help!

I have created a .dwt template, and so far so good! After this I created a number of pages from the template, which worked very well.

Then I decided that instead of the simple text menu on the template, I should try make a spry-menu. Finally I managed to design it as I wanted on the template and saved.... thinking that all the pages based on the menu would now change to have the menu. But... NO!

The pages still have the old simple text menu. :(

How can I update the pages so that they all get the nicer spry-menu?

I don't think I have created any external CSS style sheets... can this be it?

Really would appreciate some help!!!

edbr
03-10-2009, 02:21 AM
spry creates an external css for it in the spry asset folder. However that is not likely to be it when you updated did you put the changed folder to your remote folder?
also try a browser refresh

fredlondon30
03-10-2009, 08:48 AM
ok... this is really weird. This morning I sat down to see if I could fix this. Tested another change on the template and "updated". Now, the change I did this morning did NOT show, but all of a sudden the menu now shows!!

So, I'm happy - and a bit confused. Do you think it could be the browser cache?

I haven't uploaded anything or so, only working on it on the computer... and seems that the updates are "lagging" somehow?

THANK YOU for time and help!!

edbr
03-10-2009, 09:32 AM
yes im sure its the cache maybe you have it to delete cached files on closing

fredlondon30
03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Hi EDBR

I am not sure to be honest... but there must be something like that.

Do you know if there is a way I can "force" the changes as soon as I make a change on the template so that it updates the pages I have created from it manually?

fredlondon30
03-10-2009, 02:44 PM
*solution*

I found it: modify > templates > update pages.

Thank you for taking time to answer what I'm sure many thought was a really silly new-beginner's question!! :)

Corrosive
03-10-2009, 03:05 PM
*solution*

I found it: modify > templates > update pages.

Thank you for taking time to answer what I'm sure many thought was a really silly new-beginner's question!! :)

When you set up your original template it gives you a tickbox option to update pages whenever changes are made. use this next time and you won't have to go hunting for the solution :)

fredlondon30
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
thanks corrosive! I'll look for that one!! :)