PDA

View Full Version : Optimization for different screen sizes

beingbecoming
03-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Hello:

I am working on a website here:

http://www.integralyoganaturalfoods.com

There are two editable regions (one for the second-level menu's on the left and one for the content on the right). The problem I am having is that the footer is not part of an editable region and this is causing problems on different screen sizes. On very large screens there is a lot of "white space" below the footer and this looks awkward. I can't figure out how to optimize the site so that the content will appear larger on a larger screen (right now it is fixed same size on every screen).

Is this possible? If so how do I do it?

Thank you so much!

edbr
03-09-2009, 02:44 AM
make your design fluid with percentages or make it a fixed width and centre it

beingbecoming
03-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks! I figured it has to be liquid, but my problem is I don't know how to convert a template I have already created into liquid. I only know how to do this from the beginning

thanks!

beingbecoming
03-14-2009, 02:16 AM
is it possible to do this? I have a template I created for the site but I now need to make that template into a liquid template???? someone help please/

Ricky55
03-14-2009, 04:04 AM
Just edit the template master file or create a new one.

beingbecoming
03-14-2009, 01:36 PM
thnaks ricky but i can't figure out how to do this ... how do i change the template to liquid?

coloeagle
03-14-2009, 02:44 PM
In your style declarations. Change the fixed width pixel settings to 100% width for the style declarations you want to spread across the browser.