PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way for someone to be able to update their dreamweaver created site on their own?

carolinawebdesign
03-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I have a customer who wants to be able to update their website on their own after I create and upload it (using Dreamweaver). Is there a program they can purchase to do that on their own or is this not a possibility?

Thanks.

Corrosive
03-07-2009, 09:04 PM
I have a customer who wants to be able to update their website on their own after I create and upload it (using Dreamweaver). Is there a program they can purchase to do that on their own or is this not a possibility?

Thanks.

Have a look at adobe contribute. Built for just this purpose and to be compatible with dreamweaver.

domedia
03-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Have a look at adobe contribute. Built for just this purpose and to be compatible with dreamweaver.
It integrates with Dreamweavers template system.

Ricky55
03-08-2009, 03:39 AM
You'll have to build your sites properly though with working text for this to work.

Just had a look at
http://www.salonfruition.com/

Did you do this a while back?

No offence but you should be building your sites better than this if you are charging. In my opinion.

carolinawebdesign
03-09-2009, 03:13 AM
Yes, I did. Customer wanted it that way. I know about text not being googled...

Ricky55
03-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Fair enough but you should advise your customers of the proper way of doing things, that's why they hire you.

You could have still used text with that design.

davidj
03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
CMS like Drupal is made for this

steep learning curve though

carolinawebdesign
03-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Thank you all.