PDA

View Full Version : Which version is best for new user?

Dragonzipper
03-07-2009, 01:56 AM
I have Dreamweaver MX and am just learning how to use it. Before I get into it too much I wonder if I should get a newer version. Which version is easiest and best for a beginner? I do not need and don't want to spend the money on the newest version but want to get one that has the important improvements. I am thinking MX2004 but only because it seems really popular and can get a used one for under $100 but I really don't know anything about it. 8)

edbr
03-07-2009, 02:27 AM
what do you want to do with it, mx is still ok lacks spry but i dont think there will be significant advantages to warrent an upgrade if you budget is tight. as ai asked what do you want to improve on?

Ricky55
03-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah MX was a pretty good release of Dreamweaver as far as I remember in fact it was the first version I used.

Someone else has just asked about this but he was considering buying Dreamweaver 4. Obviously if you are serious about Dreamweaver then using the latest or a more modern release would be preferable but its not essential.

Dreamweaver 4 though is going too far back IMO, but MX should be fine if you can't afford an upgrade.

d a v e
03-07-2009, 02:08 PM
although remember the later versions of dreamweaver have much better wysiwyg views as far as css rendering goes so that may or may not be a deciding factor!