PDA

View Full Version : Web design without programming

ricflair
03-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi,
I run a retailed garment shop and can afford little money for advertisement. Iíve been told that hiring a web designer is a costly affair. Can any one tell me some simple steps to build my website from development to publishing on the web without programming?

Rob_Che
03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Take a look at some service providers - when you buy web space, some provide simple web building tools. It's often accompanied with adverts though and won't include e-commerce.

PS: It's not always that costly to hire a web designer.

RC

Corrosive
03-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi,
I run a retailed garment shop and can afford little money for advertisement. Iíve been told that hiring a web designer is a costly affair. Can any one tell me some simple steps to build my website from development to publishing on the web without programming?

Hiring a designer shouldn't cost you thousands by any stretch. Hundreds probably, depending on what you want. There are a few designers on here from all over the world and a bulletin board for job offers. See if you can get some quotes.

Rob_Che
03-06-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm happy to quote ! Not that I'm desperate for work or anything (See here) (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31125)

RC

bendix
03-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I think you may try on hiring a wed design professional for you that could take you on spending much of your money, but it depends on what would you want them to do on wed design for you....

(http://www.slingshotseo.com)

adverd
03-06-2009, 03:42 PM
You can follow the simple steps to create one by yourself.

1. Register a Domain Name www.yourdomainname.com (http://www.yourdomainname.com/)
2. Purchase a web designing tool A4 Desk Pro Flash Website Builder (http://www.a4deskpro.com/)
3. Publish your website through ftp.

cocoonfx
03-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Depends what you call costly? An advert in the local rag will cost you between £400 - £2000+ for 1 ad for 1 week or 1 month. A web site with global coverage with online shop will cost you a lot less than that.

Use a freelancer web designer as if you get a quote from a web design/development company they will be very expensive.

I will do you a good price for an online shop. example www.turkish-kafe.co.uk

PM me

Corrosive
03-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Depends what you call costly? An advert in the local rag will cost you between £400 - £2000+ for 1 ad for 1 week or 1 month. A web site with global coverage with online shop will cost you a lot less than that.

Totally agree with this sentiment mate. Printed advertising is very costly when you add it up over a year and compare it to a one-off web design by a freelancer. It must be depressing to know that the ad you paid for one week is next weeks recycling!

edbr
03-07-2009, 03:04 AM
one of the strengths of dreamweaver is so a beginner can make a site without experience ans has been the jumping off point for many beginners. it does come with templates also.
yes there are many web designers here but we are here to help beginners if they want to try.
also dont expect a web site to automatically increase your sales.

domedia
03-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Guess I'm the only one that figured out this thread was in the wrong section? ;)
rickflair, I don't think you realize what goes into making a website.

Rob_Che
03-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Guess I'm the only one that figured out this thread was in the wrong section? ;)

No, but the original question was about the author creating a site, not buying one...

I think ricflair may be saving up... :wink:

domedia
03-09-2009, 03:12 PM
If anyone would have answered the original poster on his question and not trying to sell your web services, I would have had no problem letting the thread stay where it was.

Rob_Che
03-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Touche! I was joking though...

edbr
03-10-2009, 01:55 AM
one of the strengths of dreamweaver is so a beginner can make a site without experience ans has been the jumping off point for many beginners. it does come with templates also.
yes there are many web designers here but we are here to help beginners if they want to try.
also dont expect a web site to automatically increase your sales.

i tried to.
a web design program will be needed. Dreanweaver of course but it isnt free, have a look at these free ones
Selida2
html-kit
both have a wysiwyg editoe so you can design without programming,there are some disadvantages with selida but it will give you something to try.

domedia
03-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Touche! I was joking though...

I know, i just felt I had to say why I moved it 8)

davidj
03-12-2009, 02:49 PM
err if you both dont play nicely im gona take my hand across the back of your legs and you'll both be going home!

mangofreak
03-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I think that you have some options. Hire a student and pay the guy with a garment. Make a deal. I say, hire someone who knows. If you do it yourself, you'll spend time and money as well. Weigh the benefits. Also, state your budget and you'll find that you can get offers based on that budget.