PDA

View Full Version : Table problems

timinator
03-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi, I designed a new page layout in Fireworks MX, sliced it up and exported to Dreamweaver MX. The page has a header and vertical nav buttons on the left side. The center will be for content (text, photos, etc). When I start adding content and hit return, the adjacent cells (nav buttons) get stretched out as the content expands down the page! How can I add content to the page without affecting the surrounding table cells?

Thanks
Tim

Corrosive
03-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi, I designed a new page layout in Fireworks MX, sliced it up and exported to Dreamweaver MX. The page has a header and vertical nav buttons on the left side. The center will be for content (text, photos, etc). When I start adding content and hit return, the adjacent cells (nav buttons) get stretched out as the content expands down the page! How can I add content to the page without affecting the surrounding table cells?

Thanks
Tim

You can try holding down shift and then press return but it is difficult to tell without seeing a page or your code. I'd really suggest using divs and CSS for your design.