PDA

View Full Version : Adding text over an image?

realizment
03-05-2009, 04:49 AM
How would i go about adding text to an image i import to a table? Thanks guys.

Corrosive
03-05-2009, 07:35 AM
How would i go about adding text to an image i import to a table? Thanks guys.

You could add the image as a background and type over the top. Best to use divs and kick the tables out if you are going to do this though.

realizment
03-05-2009, 07:39 AM
thanks for your reply, ill try figure out how to do all that lol thanks man.

Corrosive
03-05-2009, 07:43 AM
thanks for your reply, ill try figure out how to do all that lol thanks man.

You'll get there mate. Really would suggest moving from tables to divs and CSS for design. You'll be glad you did and stuff like this will seem like a no-brainer when you do :)

realizment
03-05-2009, 07:47 AM
and does this involve learning that code lol or learnng what options to click in DW. Thanks again for your help mate.

Corrosive
03-05-2009, 08:12 AM
and does this involve learning that code lol or learnng what options to click in DW. Thanks again for your help mate.

This can all be done with DW functions and in design view. You will naturally become interested in what DW is doing in the background and you'll find your own ways to tidy up the code it produces. I thought I'd never understand code when I started...but now I do :)

I'd really suggest a good book on DW or HTML and CSS. There are some book reviews etc. on this site.

realizment
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
cool i was once fluent in html when i was like 12, coan you beleive i now dont even remember how to link something i have to ref check the code lol. So a good DW book and CSS, sounds like a plan. Can you tell me a bit about CSS and why its now the preferred structure. Is it better than PHP? or is it not even related? thanks again

domedia
03-07-2009, 08:38 PM
and does this involve learning that code lol. You won't get very far unless you understand how a webpage is constructed:(