PDA

View Full Version : Inserting a record to a Database

Jack_S_123
03-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone could help me sort out this quick Dreamweaver problem. Iím sure itís something really easy to fix and Iím sure Iíve done it before sometime but this time I just cant seem to get it to work and Iíve been trying for hours.

Anyway the problem. I am trying to insert information from the website into a database. Iíve connected to the database and when I ďTestĒ it, it says itís successful. Iíve been using a record insertion form wizard to create a form on the page were people can input their details, and then when they click insert data a page I have specified should be displayed and there data sent to the database (Well thatís my understanding anyway) However, when I click ďInsert recordĒ I am taken to the page Iíve specified in the wizard but my data is not appearing in the database ?!!? And I cant figure out why. Also with me messing around with it, now when I click insert record Iím not even taken to my other page, I just get page cannot be displayed all the time. So annoying!

If anyone knows how to fix this problem Iíd greatly appreciate it. Iíll check back here a few times a day so if you require any information from me just let me know and Iíll get it for you. Thanks a lot

Jack

edbr
03-05-2009, 02:40 AM
much more info is needed. If you have changed it beyond working at all i would suggest you start again from th begining and at least get it to function in some degree.
database type?php asp etc?

Jack_S_123
03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Well the database type is just a microsoft access database and the pages im using are aspVBscript. I've tried starting from the very beginning and still nothing. I've tried it 15+ times now over and over and it still wont work. Any more info needed i'll be happy to give you.

Thanks a lot

davidj
03-06-2009, 07:49 PM
fancy trying to learn PHP

Jack_S_123
03-08-2009, 11:41 AM
fancy trying to learn PHP

I'd love to but too much on at the moment so will stick with this for now