PDA

View Full Version : Use Old HTML site and revamp with PHP

gobewan
03-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi,

I have a project for college that requires me to build up a e-commerce website including PHP in it. I already created a website last year for a different project and would like to use the same this year. All I need to understand is how to include PHP coding in my already existing HTML coding.

Thanks

tux
03-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Hello gobewan and welcome to DWC,

Not sure what your understanding of PHP is. Using PHP in your existing website will all depend on what you want it to do. You mentioned a shopping cart, that would be possible but quite complicated for a beginner. Dont know what you course is at college but are they not teaching you PHP there? I would suggest that you start by follow the video tutorials on this site. They are extremely good and will teach you from the ground up which in my opinion is the only way to learn PHP.

You will find the tuts here ....

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/php-mysql-apache.php

Good Luck.

Regards, Paul.

gobewan
03-04-2009, 04:19 PM
thanks for that Paul.
I guess my main concern is should I switch all the site to PHP or could I just keep the HTML and embed PHP for any applications I need to use then?

tux
03-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Yes you will only need PHP for any applications or dynamic content you are going to include. Good luck with it and you will find lots of help on here if and when you need it.