PDA

View Full Version : Nav help needed

nickv
03-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Hello all,

Im a graphic designer and was safe in my print world until my boss decided to give me some websites to code.

Im doing our own site right now, and not doing to badly so far, but we have a navigation that is a slab of type, and certain words out of it work as links.

Eg "....we do print based work, and when we arent in the studio..."

so in that sentence the words 'work' and 'studio' would work as the links to those pages. Its written in a non web enabled typeface so i had it in dreamweaver as an image, and i drew in hotspots to make links, which worked fine. But it just dawned on me once the page is selected the link has to change colour, as i cant select the type i wont be able to do this in dreamweaver will i?

Ricky55
03-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Just make a roll over image with a down state, the built in navigation tool lets you do this or the roll over image option.

It would be better to use a web safe font though if you could rather than making images for just text. I know its limiting but not always as limiting as you think.

nickv
03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I have to use this specific font and cant use a websafe one. Is the roll over function limited to having only one link/rollover on a single image? Because I need 5 sections of the same image to be different links

Ricky55
03-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Its is if you use the navigation tool, but you can still do this with just standard roll over images, just use more than one and have them all point to the same link.

Could you include an image so we can see what you are trying to do.