PDA

View Full Version : PHP Email Suggestions

tux
03-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Hello All,

Been a while since I've been on here, good to be back.

Has anyone got any suggestions with regards sending email using PHP.

I want to use the email addresses in my MYSQL database and use them to send a newsletter.

I know how to retreive them just need some advice on the best way to prepare them to be used. I think multiple emails have to be seperated by commas??

This will be ultimately used by a client who will be sending the newsletter so it would be great if I could maybe build a mini CMS, maybe a simple form that he fills out for the body of the email and then PHP will send the form getting the email list from the DB. I can probably do this bit its just the preparing the email addresses I need some guidance with.

Maybe you guys will have a better idea how I can do this.

It will nice to hear from you guys again, regards,

Paul

edbr
03-03-2009, 01:10 AM
i really advise using POMMo for this, it has advantages such as throttle settings, so it will not send to many mails per hour as this is often restricted by servers, also it will detect mails sent to the same domain like yahoo so as not to be blocked by spam.
an opt in for unsubscription also needed to not be considered spam.
oh yes its free and takes no time at all to set up

tux
03-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks for that Edbr,

What would be my best way to get the email addresses from the DB to the POMMo Application. Not forgetting that it would be my client that will be doing this.

Thanks

Corrosive
03-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for that Edbr,

What would be my best way to get the email addresses from the DB to the POMMo Application. Not forgetting that it would be my client that will be doing this.

Thanks

Hi Tux. Not used Pommo but Mail Chimp migh be another good solution. You can upload your mailing list from an excel spreadsheet format or similar and it is really easy. We've set a few clients up with Mail Chimp and some are (shall we say) not technically gifted :wink:

edbr
03-03-2009, 08:51 AM
you can upload with a txt file probably csv as well with pommo.

Corrosive
03-03-2009, 08:57 AM
you can upload with a txt file probably csv as well with pommo.

Cool. Check both, see which suits :)

tux
03-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check them both.