PDA

View Full Version : E commerce shopping cart in dreamweaver?

realizment
03-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Would this be too advanced for a complete noob and is it even possible? Im designing my first site and it needs an ordering system, if worst comes to worst i could just do an order form which i know would be easier. Any help appreciated thanks.

Ricky55
03-02-2009, 08:38 PM
or use Paypal buy buttons.

Depends on what level, there is a dreamweaver extension shopping cart called cartweaver it costs 140 but you'd be lost if you're a beginner.

I would stick to Paypal if you are new to web design.

edbr
03-03-2009, 01:02 AM
why not try some free shops and see how you get on. cpcommerce is a free and has paypal +other payment modules there are a few others you could try

realizment
03-03-2009, 01:28 AM
thanks guys, when you say free shops what does this mean exactly?

edbr
03-03-2009, 01:33 AM
an online shop where viewers can order items,

realizment
03-03-2009, 02:59 AM
oh ok ill look into that thank you.

Corrosive
03-03-2009, 07:28 AM
oh ok ill look into that thank you.

You can get open source (and that means FREE) shopping carts. Ed has already mentioned OSCommerce but there are others such as Zencart out there. Some hosts even offer these as a download.

edbr
03-03-2009, 08:52 AM
no i said cpcommerce
http://cpcommerce.cpradio.org/forums/index.php is the forum download link is there

Corrosive
03-03-2009, 08:56 AM
no i said cpcommerce
http://cpcommerce.cpradio.org/forums/index.php is the forum download link is there

Ahhh, sorry Ed. OSCommerce is an open source shopping cart though...isn't it?? Or did I imagine that?

edbr
03-03-2009, 09:13 AM
no it is , i just like this one its template based and has ahelpful forum and some good features. they all are pretty good but i once did one changing to an account system and cash on delivery and was wowed by the help the author gave

realizment
03-03-2009, 02:45 PM
are these easy to setup or do i need to know coding? thanks again guys for your help.

Corrosive
03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
are these easy to setup or do i need to know coding? thanks again guys for your help.

I don't know about 'easy'. They take a bit of work and learning but are straightforward if you know what you are doing. Code knowledge depends on how much you want to change but it is a distinct advantage.

There are free templates available for most open source carts. Make sure you read the instructions, help files and forums with your chosen cart BEFORE YOU START!!!