PDA

View Full Version : SPRY Menu Questions

beingbecoming
02-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Hello:

I am new to SPRY but have been using CSS for a while now.

I am working on revamping the menus of a site and here is the sample:

http://www.integralyoganaturalfoods.com/Test2.html

I have a two questions about the SPRY menu - mainly the Vertical one.

1) When the sub-menus open over top of content, it becomes difficult to read because the background of the menu's are translucent. Is it possible to have the backgrounds of the submenus opaque white? If so, what is the CSS?

2) I notice that is is difficult while scrolling over the submenus to not have them close by mistake. it seems as if the scroll over is only for the actual text and not the entire box but I'm not sure about this. Any suggestions on making this more user-friendly? Perhaps this is because I have not filled in my links yet on the second sub-menu....

Thank you so much for your generious help!

edbr
03-02-2009, 12:20 AM
the css wil be background-coclor:#FFF;
the rollover will work on the text you could try using on focus maybe

beingbecoming
03-02-2009, 01:47 AM
I actually had the CSS as that color.... but I figured it out after two days of frustration. The problem was that I had two editable regions and the third layer of the Spry menu overlapped with the second editable region, which had a higher Z-index than the first. This made total sense on the rest of the site but not on this one page with three tiers. So, after changing it, the background colors started appears AND it was much easier to use the menu. i think the funky Z-index misplacement was causing the cursor to select the text behind the menu and close the menu constantly.

Thanks for your help!