PDA

View Full Version : ftp help

cb81490
02-24-2009, 11:16 PM
i have searched the internet all day watching many tutorials on setting up a ftp connection using dreamweaver. i can connect to my server sucessfully but when i click "get files" no files are downloaded the only files that shows up is public_html but there is not files in the folder. any help would be great thanks

edbr
02-25-2009, 12:04 AM
do you get a warning message

cb81490
02-25-2009, 01:12 PM
i get no errors i click get files in remote view it connects to the server asks me if i want to download the entire site i click yes and it does not click any files i know it is not downloading anything at all because it only takes 5 seconds tops to connect to my ftp and disconnect i have a 286 mb website there is no way my computer would download it that fast. i think my problem is a firewall issue (but adobe is set up through my firewall) i do not think it is a problem with my ftp log in because i used the same information as i did with expression web. thanks for the help

domedia
02-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Please use commas and periods.. I had the hardest time dissecting your post :)

If your local files are up to date there's no updates to 'get'

cb81490
02-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Sorry will use those from now on. I am attempting to download the website for the first time, so their is no local files yet. i have downloaded the site before but that was using expression web. Thanks for the help.

domedia
02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Is there a local site? Did you set up your site definitions?