PDA

View Full Version : Problem with changing graphics in a template

30JUNLUX
02-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi, yes I am new to the forum and to DW (but I am learning - reading, videos etc) and loving it.

My problem is this:

I downloaded a template from a web site and I want to change the graphic that is on the page (looks like it is in the banner).

I want a different graphic on each different page in that same region - but I can't seem to do it. (Site will be 7 pages - each with a different graphic relevant to the page - i.e. 7 different graphics).

As a template DW naturally wants the same graphic on each page in the whole site.

How do I make the area an editable region so I can have a different graphic on each page? I have tried and the area does not seem editable. I have little idea of code and have used split view to try and play around with it but no luck.

Is this the way to do it?

Do you need me to post the code?

Help is appreciated.

Apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find the issue anywhere.

BTW - very cool site - love the vids/tutorials and the templates (the template I have is not one of those however).

Regards

domedia
02-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Open the template file and mark the graphic header area as an editable region.
If the template system confuses you or if it's not cleat to you, look in the help files, they explain everything there.

And welcome to the forums :)