PDA

View Full Version : Editible region starts too far up text area

dubaco
02-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi
I can't beleive I'm the first person to ask this and I apologise if the anwsers in a previous thread but I have looked pretty thoroughly.
Basically, I have a text box/area 772 px wide and 25 high for a subtitle that I want to fill with a different subtitle for each page.
When I insert an editable region (even without padding) it insists on the marker taking up half the height of the box and then the text region falls off the bottom of the text box. I've tried all sorts (even minus figures) but just can't cure it. From a visual point of view, I don't want a box higher than it is now, which does, of course, cure the problem.
Help?

Ricky55
02-24-2009, 01:22 AM
Are you talking about when you display your page in a web browser or just when you view in Dreamweaver's Design View?

If it views ok in the browser don't worry about it.

dubaco
02-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks Ricky, you can see how much faith i have in the old dw, can't you. It seems ok in the browser. The problem was ecaserbated with editible regions not mapping properly from one template to another so i was completely losing it - and it was late - after a long day!
I should know by now that what dw looks like when designing doesn't mean it will look like that in a browser, oh yea of little faith!

Thanks again

Corrosive
02-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks Ricky, you can see how much faith i have in the old dw, can't you. It seems ok in the browser. The problem was ecaserbated with editible regions not mapping properly from one template to another so i was completely losing it - and it was late - after a long day!
I should know by now that what dw looks like when designing doesn't mean it will look like that in a browser, oh yea of little faith!

Thanks again

Templates always do this. They break design view but will not show in a browser. Just have to live with this one if you are using .dwt files :)