PDA

View Full Version : Record information entered on webpage?

movi3king
02-23-2009, 04:31 AM
Hi i am kinda new to the whole dreamweaver scene.
i wanted to know if there was any way i could record what people type on my webpage.
Like if they would enter a note and it would be recorded into a note on the server or something like that.

Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

edbr
02-23-2009, 05:32 AM
databases so a commnet (from a form can be stored or you could have it e mailed to you

movi3king
02-23-2009, 05:33 AM
databases so a commnet (from a form can be stored or you could have it e mailed to you

Sorry im kind of a newbie so is there any better way you can explain that to me?

edbr
02-23-2009, 05:37 AM
from a form, which visitors can enter comments this could be sent to a 'handler script that could either insert the comment into a datebase or send it in an email to you.

movi3king
02-23-2009, 05:53 AM
from a form, which visitors can enter comments this could be sent to a 'handler script that could either insert the comment into a datebase or send it in an email to you.

so is there any script or anything that i would use to do that with or how would that be set up?

edbr
02-23-2009, 06:02 AM
to e mail you need a mail handling script , there is one in tutorials on tis site.
for databases i would advise php and mysql again there are tutorials on this forum to get you started

movi3king
02-23-2009, 06:09 AM
to e mail you need a mail handling script , there is one in tutorials on tis site.
for databases i would advise php and mysql again there are tutorials on this forum to get you started

OK thanks a ton!
if you could post links to them that would be great (im just a little lazy :roll: )
otherwise thanks i will find them

edbr
02-23-2009, 06:25 AM
look up if you can manage that

davidj
02-23-2009, 10:57 AM
{banging head off desk!}

:-?

Ricky55
02-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Lazy sod, get 'em found. What are the chances of you coding PHP and using mySQL if you can't even be bothered to find the tuts?

movi3king
02-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Lazy sod, get 'em found. What are the chances of you coding PHP and using mySQL if you can't even be bothered to find the tuts?

lol :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
just new to the whole dreamweaver scene and this website so done know exactly where tofind it.
Im workin on it already 8)

Thanks guys