PDA

View Full Version : .PSD template problems...

JogaBonito
02-22-2009, 06:22 PM
I recently made a .PSD template and sliced it and then exported it into Dreamweaver. I followed a tutvid tutorial and managed to create the divs and so on. However after creating a div and a "editable region" for the footer (where accessibility, copyright and etc). However, the footer part seems to have become detached from the rest of the layout and there is a little gap between the main content area and the footer. I tried dragging it but to no avail. Its a minor thing but its really bugging me.

Also, I want to create a vertical navigation bar to go on the left of the main content area with text on the right. However after typing this into Google, I read on many forums that you cannot drag and drop in Dreamweaver like in Word. So how else can I do it?

New to Dreamweaver and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

domedia
02-22-2009, 08:42 PM
You can drag and drop as long as you know what happens when you do it.
DW is just a editor, how is your HTML and CSS skills?

JogaBonito
02-23-2009, 08:14 PM
I can drag and drop and image but it is not being dropped where I want it to drop and I can't move it to anywhere else on the layout.

I don't know anything at all about HTML or CSS. I understand that you need some knowledge of these languages to be able to position images where you want them to go?

Thanks.

domedia
02-24-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't know anything at all about HTML or CSS. I understand that you need some knowledge of these languages to be able to position images where you want them to go? You need some understanding of them even to work with Dreamweaver :-/