PDA

View Full Version : Hello....new guy here..

crewguy
02-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Hello guys,

I am a newbie to Dreamweaver and coding a website. My close friend has a small specilty shop and I hope to help her with keeping her site updated. She had a local company handling the site, but site mismanagement issued forced her to sever her ties with that firm.

I plan to buy Dreamweaver and need some imput on where to buy it, as far as pricing.

Right now her site looks simple. She would like me to change some things (buttons, pics, ect.). What am I getting myself into. In the past I have managed Vb forums but never got into the coding as far as websites. I think I have above-average common sense when it comes to everyday things.

I am decent when it comes to graphic work in photoshop and the like. I enjoy photography and use my Canon DSLR at motorsports events.

I will not include her web address because I don't know the rules of this forum yet. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Corrosive
02-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I think I have above-average common sense when it comes to everyday things.

Then I reckon you will be fine :)

Most of it is just logic and common sense (with a little creative flair of course, but you've worked on graphics so that is covered).

If you are learning design from scratch then start with CSS based designs with div tags. Don't even look at tables if you don't have to.

You are more than welcome to post a link in the forums. You just won't get a signature link until 50 posts (we do this to discourage spam).

Good luck

edbr
02-20-2009, 01:13 AM
welcome to the forum

domedia
02-20-2009, 03:43 PM
crewguy welcome to the forums.
Download a trial version from adobe's website

Rob_Che
02-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Welcome . . .