PDA

View Full Version : Writing shopping cart buttons into HTML

jamesss
02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi guys,

i am currently having difficulty when attempting to write HTML codes for shopping carts into my own site code via dreamweaver.
I have recently published my online shop via Streamline.net and im trying to write my shopping cart buttons under each item, but when i look at the selected page in split view well all the code is there but the images in the design window are not.
I have tried writing the button anyway by guessing were it should go and got lucky on my first item by landing it in the right place but scrolling down the HTML page i have no chance without the cross referencing that is usualy available.

Any help would be very much appreciated as i have spent nearly a full day on finding a solution but to no avail!

my site is www.designerswitching.co.uk (http://www.designerswitching.co.uk) if it helps.

Thanks again,

kind regards,

James Almond

Corrosive
02-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi guys,

i am currently having difficulty when attempting to write HTML codes for shopping carts into my own site code via dreamweaver.
I have recently published my online shop via Streamline.net and im trying to write my shopping cart buttons under each item, but when i look at the selected page in split view well all the code is there but the images in the design window are not.
I have tried writing the button anyway by guessing were it should go and got lucky on my first item by landing it in the right place but scrolling down the HTML page i have no chance without the cross referencing that is usualy available.

Any help would be very much appreciated as i have spent nearly a full day on finding a solution but to no avail!

my site is www.designerswitching.co.uk (http://www.designerswitching.co.uk) if it helps.

Thanks again,

kind regards,

James Almond

Hi James

Can you not just use a CSS class and have it repeating down the page and put your button code in the corresponding divs? That way each button works off the same code and remains consistent in its positioning.

<div class="cart">Code for your button goes here</div>

jamesss
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm new at the whole concept of building sites and editing HTML ,so if you think the CSS option will work for me then i will look it up and figure out how to go about using your outlined idea.

Will let you know how i get on!

Thanks for your time.