PDA

View Full Version : Apple Mail

jmf
02-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I am trying to send html content (Rich Text (html)) to an Apple Mail account. On receiving by Apple Mail it is treated as two files, an html file attachment and an image attachment. The same email sent to outlook is received as html content with an embedded image and no attachment, as it should be. Consequently, the outlook email maintains all the characteristics of Dreamweaver html like mapping and links etc., while the Apple Mail only shows an image in its email content. I am using Dreamweaver 8. Please advise. Thank you.

jmf

domedia
02-18-2009, 04:52 PM
HTML emails are made by storing all images on your server. You should only be sending the email, no embedded images.

jmf
02-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Yet it works on Outlook, and I believe this is how companies like Constant Contacts handles it. Are you saying that you send the html file with image references to server?

jmf

jmf
02-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Yet it works on Outlook, and I believe this is how companies like Constant Contact handles it. Are you saying that you send the html file with image references to server?

jmf

Corrosive
02-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Are you saying that you send the html file with image references to server?

Yes, that is exactly how it is done. You never had to 'click to download images'?

Check out Mail Chimp if you are having difficulties.

domedia
02-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Check out Mail Chimp if you are having difficulties. Excellent advice. I have friends working there as well :-D

Corrosive
02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
I have friends working there as well

We've set a couple of clients up with Mail Chimp accounts recently and it is great. Neither are all that computer literate but they can just log in and get on with it. You get really pro looking e-mail marketing and sign up page with very little effort.

Sold yet??

jmf
02-18-2009, 09:34 PM
I tried services but they were not efficient enough for our purposes. Also I didn't have the control of the html we needed. I have it working now for all platforms. Thanks.

jmf

edbr
02-19-2009, 01:56 AM
outlook sends attatched images by on windows, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery
make a folder calld images and link your image source to images/yourimage.gif and it embeds as an attachment

domedia
02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
"Best viewed in in Outloook" ? :)