PDA

View Full Version : Another SEO question

urbanrays
02-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi

Was just wanting to know if google would have a dim view on a way of getting my site to the top of the ladder.

I have found and as you are all aware if you write dreamweaver club in google it appears right at the top which is pretty bloody obvious, now this is my question.

Would the googlebot kick off if I bought domain names for my business for example tanninginderby.co.uk and sunbedsinderby.co.uk and hosted the same site as my current indexed site, so if anyone searched for "tanning in derby" etc I will place at the top.

Thanks for your help on this one

Rob_Che
02-17-2009, 11:19 AM
So you want to upload the exact same site to 3 different locations ?

domedia
02-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Buying multiple domains (for the same website) will not help you in SEO. If anything it might dilute your brand and website.

Content is King and make sure it so good that people start linking to your website.

urbanrays
02-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks for your advice, it was just one of those light bulb moments, I am sure it wont be the last hair brained idea to get you to the top of google you will hear neither.

Thanks for your help anyway

Corrosive
02-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks for your advice, it was just one of those light bulb moments, I am sure it wont be the last hair brained idea to get you to the top of google you will hear neither.

Thanks for your help anyway

As Dom says mate. It is back links you want now. Just get your site listed in as many free directories as you can and any you can afford to pay for :)

coloeagle
02-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Would the googlebot kick off if I bought domain names for my business for example tanninginderby.co.uk and sunbedsinderby.co.uk and hosted the same site as my current indexed site, so if anyone searched for "tanning in derby" etc I will place at the top.

What you would have is duplicate content websites. This will bring up the duplicate content filter. The first website to publish content is usually favored by search engines, ranking higher for the same content in searches than higher PR pages with the same content. The duplicate pages do show up in the search engine results, usually lower than the original site.

Having multiple domains can be advantageous if each has unique content. The products can then be tied(if you choose) to the main website.