PDA

View Full Version : CSS Dreamweaver MX HELPPPPPP

wdejesus
02-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey everyone, well I designed my company website in Dreamweaver 8 and went back to Dreamweaver MX 2004 and my CSS is all messed up and all over the page. Does anybody know how to fix this or how it can be fixed without going through every page.

Corrosive
02-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Hey everyone, well I designed my company website in Dreamweaver 8 and went back to Dreamweaver MX 2004 and my CSS is all messed up and all over the page. Does anybody know how to fix this or how it can be fixed without going through every page.

Hi wdjesus.

Your page shouldn't be messed up in MX and not 8. CSS is CSS whatever version you are using (ok, maybe some slight differences as DW design view improved).

You also shouldn't need to go through every page. Just update any styles you need to in your stylesheet and changes should be site-wide. That is kind of the point of CSS :)

wdejesus
02-16-2009, 02:06 PM
I did my CSS in Dreamweaver 8 and for some apparent reason now in MX 2004 my alignment and all that is messed up. CSS is CSS I know that, but for some reason dreamweaver MX 2004 just does't take what I did and convert it over no matter what.

Corrosive
02-16-2009, 02:10 PM
I did my CSS in Dreamweaver 8 and for some apparent reason now in MX 2004 my alignment and all that is messed up. CSS is CSS I know that, but for some reason dreamweaver MX 2004 just does't take what I did and convert it over no matter what.

Things to check I guess are that your site is correctly defined and all of your paths to stylesheets are correct. I find the rendering in design view a bit hit & miss. If you are confident that the site will display OK in the browser then just work in code view.

wdejesus
02-16-2009, 02:19 PM
That has been pretty much what I am doing now. It is just fustrating to know this can happen. Everything is linked up correctly.

Corrosive
02-16-2009, 02:46 PM
That has been pretty much what I am doing now. It is just fustrating to know this can happen. Everything is linked up correctly.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I abandoned design view a while ago for that very reason. As I said, if you are happy it will display in browsers OK then I wouldn't pull your CSS apart just to get it to display in MX 2004 design view. Seems like a pointless exercise.

Rob_Che
02-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Just don't use design view... it lies anyway ! :bigsmile:

Corrosive
02-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Just don't use design view... it lies anyway ! :bigsmile:

It is a fickle mistress and not to be relied on :wink:

Rob_Che
02-23-2009, 05:11 PM
It is a fickle mistress and not to be relied on :wink:
You having a pop at my wife?

Corrosive