PDA

View Full Version : WordPress

cocoonfx
02-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Hello

I have a client who insists that they have to have wordpress so they can amend there site themselves. I have no issues with this but before i download it is there anything i need to know before i agree to this and is it quite simple to use???

Corrosive
02-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Hello

I have a client who insists that they have to have wordpress so they can amend there site themselves. I have no issues with this but before i download it is there anything i need to know before i agree to this and is it quite simple to use???

Hi mate. Ask Rob Che, he uses Wordpress quite a bit.

domedia
02-14-2009, 04:51 PM
This is a great question. Have Rob and others answer in this thread.

Rob_Che
02-16-2009, 11:17 AM
You rang ?

Wordpress is awesome! I'm really starting to get to grips with it and it has a massive online community for support.

My server installs it automatically but I think uploading it is just as easy, they have a 'famous 5 minute install'.

It's PHP based but has loads of tags available, for adding the titles, date of post, categories etc etc. I'm sure I've only scraped the surface and I'm already in awe of how powerful it is.

Take a look here for inspiration: welovewp.com and wpcandy.com (there are tons more too)

re. giving your client access...
You have admin access by default, however it is very simple to set up a new user as admin/author/contributor (different access levels) etc so they will have access to enable them to edit posts and add new ones but they are not able to access the editor so can't scwew your design and coding up. You still maintain admin control.

I'm not a pro by any means but have done a few sites now using it... I'll help where I can cocoonfx...

Rob

Corrosive
02-16-2009, 12:21 PM
they will have access to enable them to edit posts and add new ones but they are not able to access the editor so can't screw your design and coding up.

Leave that bit to the Pros eh Rob? :wink: :wink:

Rob_Che
02-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes, I can scwew that up all by myself :)

Corrosive
02-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Yes, I can scwew that up all by myself :)

He, he. Sorry mate, couldn't resist :)

Rob_Che
02-17-2009, 04:45 PM
i want questions ! I have ALL the answers :)

Rob_Che
02-25-2009, 07:06 AM
My knowledge is sapping away... can someone ask me a question about WP ? Anything... I have no PC at the moment so need to keep my grey stuff engaged... :)