PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help?my last resort

slav
02-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Hello everyone this is my first post, it's about a problem i can't solve by my self so i hope i get some help here.
The problem is this:
I am curently making a site for a firm that makes furniture, so the main aspect of it woud be the gallery. Until now i am pretty happy with the overall design and stuff but the gallery is giveing me some problems. I tryied out some gallery scripts like lightbox etc. but they have 2 flaws the one is that the gallery will contain many images and some of those scripts can' handle it and the second one that the client ( me to) wanna make a small CMS of it.. more just a data entering system.
It's quite easy as you all know and i already done it but i inly get the results in one colum.
So directly my question: I wanna make the gallery (living rooms, kitchens.... etc.) with php so that the client can upload and manage by hes own. But my output of the results is in one colum and my idea was like 3 or 4 colums of images on maybe 6 or 7 rows, so it has to have like sub pages on every item. For example Kitchens has 4 colums of simple images styled with css borders etc and 7 rows so down has to be some kind of navigation simple enough like <<previuos 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
So please if someone can help me or just give me a little advise... i woud be very thankful

davidj
02-14-2009, 02:15 PM
how much php do you know?

you hand coding?

slav
02-15-2009, 11:50 AM
To be honest..not really i know some but probably not enough i feel better with html and css. I hoped there is some way to do it with them or some build in dreamweaver function

davidj
02-15-2009, 02:30 PM
there is no way to do what you want with css and html

there may be a repeating extension out there which may help but i dont use those things so cant really enlighten you

i can teach you PHP if you want to learn though

slav
02-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Ok then tell me the php code i will try to do it or if you know some free script that can do me the job it woud be great

davidj
02-15-2009, 06:13 PM
what you are asking is for the code to be written for you but your not really interested in learning how

this i completly understand

anybody want to help here

slav
02-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Take a look at that http://sye.dk/sfpg/
it's not very good looking but i can fix the css can it be inserted in a spesific div or table? it's navigation is really not good but it's an idea of what am i looking

davidj
02-15-2009, 10:12 PM
to mod PHP you need to have an understanding of PHP

domedia
02-16-2009, 01:23 AM
So directly my question: I wanna make the gallery (living rooms, kitchens.... etc.) with php so that the client can upload and manage by hes own. But my output of the results is in one colum and my idea was like 3 or 4 colums of images on maybe 6 or 7 rows, so it has to have like sub pages on every item. For example Kitchens has 4 colums of simple images styled with css borders etc and 7 rows so down has to be some kind of navigation simple enough like <<previuos 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
So please if someone can help me or just give me a little advise... i woud be very thankful
Take a look at these links and see if it helps you or not.
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/perfect-php-pagination/
http://php.about.com/od/phpwithmysql/ss/php_pagination.htm

If this is way over your head, you either have to learn PHP or get someone to do this part for you.

edbr
02-16-2009, 02:25 AM
as i see what you want to do, pagination will answer your problems and there are a lot of pagination 'scripts' and classes available and freebies. if you paginate to the number or records(images you want to show and echo them into div classes you should get it

slav
02-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks, i belive i got the idea of pagination it really helped. I just have 3 questions?
1. Do i have to make another table for the pages?
2. If I insert the code in my div were my gallery goes, can i just echo the the string containing the array, or do i have to writte every single table?
3. As in the code for the pagin were it says how many rows there are can i add a similar for the columns?

edbr
02-17-2009, 12:26 AM
if you have a div say width 25%(float left) and you include this in yourrepeat region you will get in effect rows of 4 records across

slav
02-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks i will try it