PDA

View Full Version : Help for a newbie

shescribe
02-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm embarrassed to be asking this of people, as I'm certain it's elementary, but I need some help.

I've just started learning Dreamweaver for a class that involves a glorified version of self-tutorials.

I need to set up a test page and thought I did fine. I previewed it and was able to see the page, with its image, it in two different browsers. But when I posted it, and tried to view it again, the image comes up blank (almost like a dead link).

I've done something wrong with placing/naming/linking the image, but I don't know what. And I've re-watched all the tutorials and can't figure out what's wrong.

What simple step am I missing?

Corrosive
02-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm embarrassed to be asking this of people, as I'm certain it's elementary, but I need some help.

I've just started learning Dreamweaver for a class that involves a glorified version of self-tutorials.

I need to set up a test page and thought I did fine. I previewed it and was able to see the page, with its image, it in two different browsers. But when I posted it, and tried to view it again, the image comes up blank (almost like a dead link).

I've done something wrong with placing/naming/linking the image, but I don't know what. And I've re-watched all the tutorials and can't figure out what's wrong.

What simple step am I missing?

A URL or some code would be helpful :)

shescribe
02-13-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm chalking this up to a brain freeze....Problem solved.
But thanks for the offer of assistance.
I'm sure I'll be back eventually.

depilator
02-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Main reason for something like that is lack of defining site.

This is the first thing that must be done: DEFINE THE SITE

domedia
02-14-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm chalking this up to a brain freeze....Problem solved.
But thanks for the offer of assistance.
I'm sure I'll be back eventually.
It's always appreciated when you provide the solution for the community. This is not a help desk :)