PDA

View Full Version : help in general

bjthecool
02-13-2009, 05:40 AM
hi everybody, im quite new to dreamweaver and i have made a quick site at school and it was just offline.

i was just wondering, when you link webpages to when you click a button , does it work through the internet. when you try it in dreamweaver you just press F12 and it preveiws the page. does it really go to onother page when its online and how do you export your site for use in a site hoster such as www.110mb.com?

im also wondering if a wordpress plugin such as http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-cumulus/installation/. and how would you do it?

thanks for the help:)

edbr
02-13-2009, 06:45 AM
when you majke a site and it will be in a folder if you have defined your site correctly. your local browser will go to the link location that you specify locally or on the web either relative links ie index.htm or absolute ie http://www.yoursite.com/index.htm depending on how you defined your site.
to upload your files to the web server you can do it with DW but personally i would advise using a program like filezilla. the hosting will give you the ftp settings you need to do this

depilator
02-14-2009, 06:09 PM
1.Define the site and Your files in Your local folder will act as files on remote server.

2. I prefer to use some other FTP program, rather than built-in FTP in Dreamweaver (for example Filezilla, Cute FTP, FXP or download Mozilla add-onn Fire FTP, and it will be integrated in Your Mozilla browser.)

Baatfam
02-14-2009, 08:02 PM
2. I prefer to use some other FTP program, rather than built-in FTP in Dreamweaver...

Any particular reason not to use the one in Dreamweaver??:confused:

Bob T.

Corrosive
02-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Any particular reason not to use the one in Dreamweaver??:confused:

Bob T.

Just reliability. As a site grows in content then DW FTP can sometimes throw a fit and refuse to do what you want. If it is working for you at the moment then stick with it but bear it in mind for the future.

domedia
02-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Keep in mind you will lose the check-in/check-out system for team collaboration + whatever else Adobe has integrated with FTP