PDA

View Full Version : preview browser dreamweaver

victoriafroud
02-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi there, desperate for help. Have a site uploaded and running, no problem, but can no longer preview the site in temporary browser. which means I can no longer work on it. Everything seems to be in order in preferences and site files. I am using G4 Mac Power book. Dreamweaver MX. I have run out of options so would appreciate some help as I can't move forward. With thanks. Vicky.

domedia
02-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Vicky, you probably have to describe the problem a little more, there's little to work with here :-/ What happens when you try to preview the site? Do you get any error messages? Did you change anything lately? Did you check your site definitions? How are you working on your site (locally)? etc etc :)

victoriafroud
02-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi Domedia, thanks for reply. Haven't changed anything. Built locally, preferences are fine, site definition is fine, I even have a mock up site that I used to teach myself Dreamweaver and I can preview all pages in that site. But, now I have a site that is up and running but can't work on it. One thing that does bother me, when I click on an image in the local files to work on it,it automatically connects to the remote site, don't know if that is supposed to happen and can't stop it. If you can think of anything I might try I would appreciate it. Thanks Vicky.

domedia
02-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I still don't know what happens when you try to preview a site..

Can anyone else chime in?

victoriafroud
02-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi there, I have been getting a page with a logo and fax number for a company called ftp.hosts but I have just tried again and am now getting a live web site for microfocus. com so things are getting even more bizarre. Vicky.

domedia
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
if you preview a local site, you should not even connect to the internet. Still don't know what you're doing or how. I think you're trying to view a live website.

victoriafroud
02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
No Domedia, I'm not trying to. Everytime I click on an image in the local files it automatically connects to the remote files and I just can't stop it. Any Ideas? Vicky

kona72
02-10-2009, 07:40 PM
The site is live right? what is the URL?
I would say that you have an issue with your setup. on your files panel make sure that when you are working on the site that it says 'local view'.

Maybe take some screen shots and post them up so we can diagnose?

rattlsnak
02-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Tell us exactly how you are trying to preview the site.

i.e., you can simply open the page in DW from your root folder and then simply select f12 button.

kona72
02-11-2009, 02:26 AM
f12 preview