PDA

View Full Version : broswer layout variations

Hunter86
02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Hello,
I am having a go at putting my first site together and have run into a few issues regarding the different rendering between browsers (or my poor mark-up/css lol) the site is MYP-uk.com
okay first home page in IE7 FF and Safari pretty good how I intended it to be. IE6 though is a different story(i know i have to fix the png bug)the number graphic in the header which is set to float right drops down. I thought this may be the double margin prob and put a display:inline property but it did not do it. Where have I gone wrong?

I also had to move the navbar div longer and push the login etc icons right to stop a break in IE6 which was something i could live with.

The hosting page.

the top block with the support graphic, margins are visible in FF IE6 safari but not in IE7?

the button i have inside the graphic div is in a different position in all the browsers. is this me or them ?

Go easy on me guys im just a beginner :mrgreen:
your advice and comments will be greatly appreciated
thanks

Dan

domedia
02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I would start by trying to remove some of the redundant nested DIv's.
#logoholder and #number, for one graphic. Remove one div and make it simpler.
You could probably just use position absolute. There's no content it is floated next to.

Hunter86
02-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Domedia,
thank you very much, that sorted it in fact both my problems.
I always thought that you have to stay clear of absolute positioning but that is a clear example when it is implemented properly it works great.
thanks
Dan

domedia
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
it all depends on what you want to do. different tools works for different situations :)