PDA

View Full Version : website (1024x768) header size, please Advice

dubai3d
02-08-2009, 10:23 AM
hi everyone,
long time I haven't been around here, nice to see everyone and someother new members around,
i have a question, please advice me if you have any idea.
I am trying build a website with dreamwaver, this size is 1024X768
1-what zise is the best for the header(animated logo with some text in it)
1-what size is the best for the body of the page?

also I have video of the header, so how can I convert this small video to GIF animation image for the header?
please say something if you know something.
thanks.

edbr
02-09-2009, 01:55 AM
there are some converters online for converting to animated GIFS
re sizeyou say you are making the site 1024X768, thats a screen resolution.
you could make you site fluid using percentages or i would otherwise suggest maybe 950 pixel wide with auto margins so it will centre on wider screens,

dubai3d
02-09-2009, 06:47 AM
thanks adber,
I need more explanation, what you mean and how?
thanks

edbr
02-09-2009, 06:53 AM
well thats at the root of site design,
generally put the content of your site in a wrapper div. if you set this at 950 px and make the margins auto it will show your 950 wide page ,centred in a browser

edbr
02-09-2009, 06:58 AM
if you look at the example in the link in my signature different style links examples (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28749)it gives a simple example with the width set to 80 % use this for experimenting and chage the width to what ever you want ad see what you want to achieve

dubai3d
02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
thanks edbr, it is helps, very good, thanks man, what about the images or video that i made, what size of pixel should be? for example the header and the body images, it is 2 x image (Gif animated format),
thanks man

edbr
02-10-2009, 12:06 AM
size of the images should be a design issue but be careful of making images so large it affects download speed, optimise them.
videos will usually be larger and have a download issue. so if viewers have to wait at least be sure there is something for them to be reading/ looking at while they download.