PDA

View Full Version : Photo Album Individual Photo Page Template

salaroche
02-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi:

I'm creating photo albums using the "Create Web Photo Album" command in Dreamweaver and everything goes fine. I click the box to "Create navigation page for each photo" and everything works well too.

Then I insert the appropriate iFrame Code in my album page and everything works fine. I also test the photo albums in IE and they work perfectly well.

My question is: Is it possible to edit or modify the Template that Dreamweaver/Fireworks use to generate each individual photo page? I've looked for that Template in the Dreamweaver and the Fireworks Directories, but I haven't been able to find it. Please note that I'm talking about the Template that Dreamweaver uses automatically when generating each individual photo page.

Is it possible to modify that Template?

Thank you for your attention.

Salaroche

rattlsnak
02-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Maybe once DW builds the template, just modify it the way you want and then save it as a page, or template they way you want it. I dont see it listed in the template section either.

salaroche
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Rattlsnak:

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have problems creating Templates or pages. I would just like to edit or modify the specific Template that Dreamweaver uses automatically whenever it creates a new Individual Photo page.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Thank you for your reply.

Salaroche

rattlsnak
02-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Thats what Im saying, let DW create the template, and then you modify it and save it. Then you have a copy of the template.

salaroche
02-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Rattlsnak:

Yes, but the question is how do I make Dreamweaver use the template I just saved whenever I create a Photo Album?

I can create as many Templates as I want, but how do I make Dreamweaver use my Template when it generates Individual photo pages?

Dreamweavwer will simply keep on using its own Template. It will not use my Template unless I manage to tell it to use my Template instead of its own.

So, we're back to square one, how do we edit the Template that Dreamweaver uses when it generates Individual Photo Pages?

Thanks again for your reply.

Salaroche

rattlsnak
02-07-2009, 10:12 PM
OK, I see what you are saying now. I think the only way would be to attach a style sheet. All it would take at that point would be to simply attach the .css file to each page and that will only take a second, versus changing each page manually. Are you creating pages with CSS tags turned on or off in your preferences?

salaroche
02-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Rattlsnak:

Let me try doing what you say...

salaroche
02-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Rattlsnak:

Yes, It may be possible, but it would take many tedious hours to do it. I have hundreds of Individual photo pages.

Any way to edit the Template? There's probably a way to edit the Template that Dreamweaver uses automatically whenever it generates Individual Photo Pages.

Thanks for your reply.

domedia
02-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Any way to edit the Template? There's probably a way to edit the Template that Dreamweaver uses automatically whenever it generates Individual Photo Pages. To edit the template just open the .dwt file.

rattlsnak
02-08-2009, 02:10 AM
OK, I looked at one of my sites that I did this feature on. It does not have or use a .dwt (template) file, it uses a .jsf page that has the commands in the script on that page. Nowhere on that page does it have any script/tags for page appearance, etc. It simply must use a default setting for the outcome. I still think the easiest way would be to attach a .css sheet. That will only take 2-3 seconds per page, and although a pain, MUCH faster than building the whole photo album the long way.

salaroche
02-08-2009, 04:52 AM
Rattlsnak:

I guess this issue is a little something the Dreamweaver team could improve on.

I'll keep looking for a way to edit the code that generates individual photo pages. Maybe it's possible.

Thanks.

rattlsnak
02-08-2009, 05:32 AM
Yes, that would be nice. I still have the problem of when it makes the index page, all the thumbnails are out of order. THAT drives me crazy. So even though it makes all the pages, I still have to go in an edit the order and links of each page!

salaroche
02-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Rattlsnak:

I don't have that problem. I name my photos alphabetically before creating the Photo Album and Dreamweaver just follows the alphabetical order.

rattlsnak
02-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I name mine alphabettically or numerically too, but for some reason it mixes them up, like putting 18.jpg before 7.jpg, etc,. drives me crazy...!

Corrosive
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I name mine alphabettically or numerically too, but for some reason it mixes them up, like putting 18.jpg before 7.jpg, etc,. drives me crazy...!

Do you use 7.jpg or 07.jpg?

salaroche
02-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I use, for example, Lake Geneva 01, Lake Geneva 02, etc. I often use longer, more descriptive titles and I works fine every time.

rattlsnak
02-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Ive posted this problem on a few forums and nobody can figure it out.
An exact example would be :
house1.jpg, house2.jpg, etc..
they are in the correct order in my file manager, but when DW does the album, it always puts house18.jpg first and then a few in order and the rest allover the place.
I have three or four albums, and it has done them all the same way.