PDA

View Full Version : Music playing uninterupted across site

prcole18
02-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi, I have a music player on my site www.djpaulcole.com (http://www.djpaulcole.com)

What I want though is it to continue playing uninterupted across my site when navigating.
At the minute everytime you go to a different page the music starts again.
What I would like is the music just to continue and not start again when navigating.

Is this possible?

I inserted the player into my template so it appears on all pages.

Any help greatly appreciated. I'm no expert in java etc so idiot terms would be good!

(I'm using Dreamweaver CS3)

Thanks
Paul

Ricky55
02-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes it is possible but there are a few ways of achieving it. Its starting play every time a new page loads because its loading a fresh every time you need the player to be fixed in position and not load each time.

If your all site was in flash this would be easy but its not, I'm not sure the best way of tackling this, you could create a frame for the whole site so the pages all load into one main page where the player resides so the pages load but the player only loads once.

some one else may have a better solution.

prcole18
02-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Yes it is possible but there are a few ways of achieving it. Its starting play every time a new page loads because its loading a fresh every time you need the player to be fixed in position and not load each time.

If your all site was in flash this would be easy but its not, I'm not sure the best way of tackling this, you could create a frame for the whole site so the pages all load into one main page where the player resides so the pages load but the player only loads once.

some one else may have a better solution.

My previous site was with Moonfruit, who's on line sitemaker software is flash based & as you say this was easy to achieve. I moved hosting companies because I got a better deal, unlimited sites etc, but this obviously means building my own sites with dreamweaver or whatever & i'm find that the music playing thing is not quite as easy to say the least!