PDA

View Full Version : flash not opening correctly

marcia
02-06-2009, 10:34 PM
when I open a new document I can't change the background color from white. I can resize the stage, but that's it. I can do stuff from the flash program Template (and choose advertizing), but not from the General, but that doesn't seem to have the .fla extensionhttp://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

Any ideas?

Rob_Che
02-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Not that sure what you're talking about here marcia... Have you downloaded a template?

If it doesn't have .fla file extension, what does it have ?

marcia
02-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Have reinstalled Flash in both notebook and desktop. Desktop ok, notebook the same problem.

Will try to explain better as I have done a lot of experimentation.

The original set-up page is missing, as I closed that a long time ago. I use the drop down menu to open.

Opening in GENERAL - color setting does not work for background or artwork. Imported image jpg. comes up as only a rectangle, no photo.
am able to work with only outlines and the swf. comes up properly, but it does not embed into Dreamweaver.

Opening in TEMPLATE - all properties work (including resizing) in Advertising template. Comes up properly as a swf. But, again, it does not embed in DW.

The only way I can work around is to take an old file, do a 'save as' and modify it to be what I want. This embeds properly.

Any ideas?

Rob_Che
02-11-2009, 11:12 AM
The original set-up page is missing, as I closed that a long time ago. I use the drop down menu to open.
Sorry Marcia, I'm still unsure where this file is from?
Did you download this file or did you create it?

"Opening in GENERAL"
"Opening in TEMPLATE"

In what programme? You're going to need to walk me through this because I'm not familiar with the terminology you are using...

RC

marcia
02-11-2009, 02:36 PM
FlashPro8

There is a start up page that comes with the program. You have a choice of General and Template.

If you disable the start-up page (which I did), you go directly to the screen with the menu bar - file, edit, insert, modify, view, etc.

Now, choose 'file'. the next screen gives you a choice of 'general' or 'template'. In 'general' choose 'flash document'.

Hope this is clear.

marcia
02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
p.s.I have tried to create files, but the aforementioned happens. (see post #3)

marcia
02-11-2009, 03:11 PM
FlashPro8

There is a start up page that comes with the program. You have a choice of General and Template.

If you disable the start-up page (which I did), you go directly to the screen with the menu bar - file, edit, insert, modify, view, etc.

Now, choose 'file'. the next screen gives you a choice of 'general' or 'template'. In 'general' choose 'flash document'.

Hope this is clear.

I cannot create a file because of aforementioned in note #3.