PDA

View Full Version : image color loss

acanalito
02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Please help!! I am trying to rebuild my artist website in dreamweaver, and i have the images the way i want them in photoshop, but when i try to import them into d-weaver, the colors become terrible. I've got it on good quality and they look in focus, but it's like d.w. totally downgrades the image, mostly desaturates the colors. Any advice??? I would REALLY appreciate it!

domedia
02-06-2009, 10:40 PM
IS this something that happens after you 'save for the web'?

acanalito
02-06-2009, 11:20 PM
i'm not saving for web, just saving as a psd and then importing into dreamweaver cs3. any tips?

d a v e
02-07-2009, 05:11 AM
you need to save for web from photoshop try a quality of around 65-75, possibly a little higher if colours are getting washed out.

Ricky55
02-07-2009, 01:14 PM
You will be saving for web, if you import a PSD into DW it will save the files for web.

I have experienced this problem before and there's not much you can do about it. I did a site recently that used a lot of greens (these seems especially bad) in photoshop it looked great but as soon as I saved for web it started to looked washed out.

when saved for the web certain things are stripped out of the jpg and certain colours can loose their punchy bright look.

The only way I could prevent this was just to save as a regular jpg and not for the web but in the end I just saved for the web and to put up with it.

You could maybe try the png format but I'm sure this didn't help me.