PDA

View Full Version : IE6 doing my NUT in - Problems with layout

stag
02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey all,

Creating a site over here http://tinyurl.com/bfhufs and while I would love to give IE6 a kick in the face and to heck with the darn thing, people still use it, so...

Having a few problems which does not seem to have the same effect using IE7 and FF on PC. For Mac, no issues whatsoever. I would massively appreciate if someone can help me out with this annoyance :)

-Righty, on the ABOUT and INFO page, if you go bkwards and forwards you will see the text areas arent alligned in IE6. Anyone know why and how to solve?

-The email submit button has taken off and floating in middle right of screen. Again, this seems to be an IE6 issue

-If you scroll over the bag in SHOP PAGE, a transparent image should appear (click to buy), but doesnt in IE6. Ive heard IE6 does not support :hover, but are there any soloutions for this?

I Also have a transparency image (this is fixed and not hover), in text box over on the INFO PAGE, but again this doesnt appear IE6.

Thx all, your the best :)

domedia
02-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Looking at you site in IE6/WinXP, I do not see the issue of the content area moving, or the submit button being out of place.

IE6 does not support :hover on anything else than the A element.

IE6 does not support the alpha channel (transparency) in the PNG file format.

stag
02-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Strange - So IE6 is not showing the email submit form floating in the middle, but is placed correctly top right corner?

COuld it have something to do using whichever was the version before XP?