PDA

View Full Version : How do I 'dock' my main window?

Bills Garage
02-06-2009, 02:51 AM
I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing here.
When I click on the bar over the web page I'm working on (bar containing the page icon and 'index.html') my window goes from showing background color and text to white. If I click back inside the color returns. If I drag the page off to the side it goes white again and leaves the 'inside' of the html (with only the ruler) as a separate window behind the white page.

When I click the white page again the other 'page' with rulers jumps back into place.. but I can't drag them around together.

Seems to be a docking issue and I don't know how to 'hook' them back up. I've spent hours reading, googling and searched in the forum here with different key words trying to find a solution but struck out. How do I re-attach the two?

If I've not made this too clear I can supply some screen shots.
Thanks for any help!!
Bill
Mac - G4 - OS 10.4.11 - DW 8

edbr
02-06-2009, 04:00 AM
code might be better ff live the uRL

Bills Garage
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks, edbr,
I'm sorry, but don't understand...
Unless you mean 'live url' as in a site which is on the web. This is not 'up'.. it is only on my computer. It isn't a code (html, css, etc) problem.

If I click the icon bar at the top of the html page I'm working on -that page goes white.
It has jumped out in front of a window pane containing only the ruler and html.

If I click on the white page the ruler/html pane pops back in view.

If I click the top of the page (the html icon bar) and drag the page over to the side... the home page goes white (as above)... and leaves the ruled html portion behind and underneath.

Then if I click anywhere in the white page... the ruler/html pane pops back in view AND place in. They're not locked together and it's most annoying.

I feel sure there's a command or something somewhere that will lock them back up. This is a terrific program and just too madding to be a software bug. Probably I clicked something unknowingly causing them to disjoin. And I would prefer to know the command to reconnect them than simply reinstalling the software.

Short of this can anyone tell me how to reset EVERYTHING to the original default settings?

Thanks to all!
Bill

Bills Garage
02-19-2009, 01:45 AM
Weeks later............. No joy in Mudville!

d a v e
02-19-2009, 03:17 AM
screenshots might be a good idea ;)

Bills Garage
02-19-2009, 04:30 PM
One more time... with combined screen shots.

I drag an html file onto the DW app.
The app opens and displays the file. (First screen shot -upper left) When I click the title bar (Second screen shot - red arrow - upper right) the html file 'window' disappears behind the white area. If I drag the title bar off to the side (Third screen shot - red arrow - center bottom) the html page is revealed but gets left behind.

Now, if I click anywhere in the white area (blue arrow) where the file 'should' be then it pops back in place (yellow arrows).

However once I try to drag the title bar back next to the CSS panel the same thing happens... screen goes white.. 'page' moves BUT, again, leaves the html image behind. A click back on the white area and it's back.

This is annoying as hell! No way to comfortably work with the page blinking off to white every time I touch the title bar. There's a glitch there somewhere!!!!

Is there a way to restore everything in this app to default?
If not then I'll re-install. (which I probably should already have done having wasted hours thus far) Suggestions, voodoo hints, chants.... donations ;-) to: (bills.garage (a) yahoo.com)
Thanks, from a very frustrated....... Bill

Corrosive
02-19-2009, 05:01 PM
One more time... with combined screen shots.

I drag an html file onto the DW app.
The app opens and displays the file. (First screen shot -upper left) When I click the title bar (Second screen shot - red arrow - upper right) the html file 'window' disappears behind the white area. If I drag the title bar off to the side (Third screen shot - red arrow - center bottom) the html page is revealed but gets left behind.

Now, if I click anywhere in the white area (blue arrow) where the file 'should' be then it pops back in place (yellow arrows).

However once I try to drag the title bar back next to the CSS panel the same thing happens... screen goes white.. 'page' moves BUT, again, leaves the html image behind. A click back on the white area and it's back.

This is annoying as hell! No way to comfortably work with the page blinking off to white every time I touch the title bar. There's a glitch there somewhere!!!!

Is there a way to restore everything in this app to default?
If not then I'll re-install. (which I probably should already have done having wasted hours thus far) Suggestions, voodoo hints, chants.... donations ;-) to: (bills.garage (a) yahoo.com)
Thanks, from a very frustrated....... Bill

That is strange. Have you reported this to the Adobe site or checked if there are any 'patches' you can download to fix the problem?

Otherwise a re-install might be on the cards. Try Adobe first though.

domedia
02-20-2009, 02:33 PM
I would go down this list until it starts working for you.
1. Make sure you have the latest upgrades to DW.
2. Reinstall DW
3. Contact Adobe and get a new copy of the software

Bills Garage
02-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Have downloaded upgrade (8.0.2).

Have NOT experienced the problem since!... HOWEVER, till the fat lady sings for a month or so I'm still a skeptic!

Thanks for all the good advise, fellows!!!!!!
I look forward to continuing to monitor your great forum. At my skill level there's little advise I can offer to anyone else but sure appreciate your help to those of us with limited knowledge about the program. Keep up the good work!
Bill

domedia
02-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Glad we could help Bill.
Completely agree about the fat lady :)