PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with IE

theVezs
02-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm not real savvy with Dreamweaver however I'm building a personal site using flash and I'm just dropping the files into Dreamweaver as I would normally do. It works great on Firefox, but not on IE. Usually its the opposite!

Here is my site: www.scottvezina.com
In IE two white columns appear on either site of the .swf file. I've got the background set to #000000, but white columns still appear....Can anyone give me some advice?

Thank you.

Corrosive
02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm not real savvy with Dreamweaver however I'm building a personal site using flash and I'm just dropping the files into Dreamweaver as I would normally do. It works great on Firefox, but not on IE. Usually its the opposite!

Here is my site: www.scottvezina.com
In IE two white columns appear on either site of the .swf file. I've got the background set to #000000, but white columns still appear....Can anyone give me some advice?

Thank you.

IE seems to be re-sizing your flash movie. I have no idea why...really just wanted to post and say 'nice site'. Looks great in Chrome.

Ricky55
02-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Your swf is way too large and/or you have it set to 100% width and height in Flash.

Go into Flash and into your publish settings and change from there, you want the width and height to just be a measurement in pixels but something that fit on most users screens.

Also the code you are embedding the swf with is now defunct, I would either update to Dreamweaver CS4 and insert you swf from there or use swfobject, thats what CS4 now uses anyway.

You can grab a free copy of swf object here (also get the code generator)
http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/

And you can see a really good video tut on how to use it properly here.
http://www.gotoandlearn.com/play?id=77

I do quite like your site though, its good to see someone doing something different.

Ricky

Ricky55
02-05-2009, 06:51 PM
also this sets the background of the swf to black

<param name="BGCOLOR" value="#000000" />

theVezs
02-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the help and kind words! I'll try that now!

Thanks!